Wednesday 20 March 2013

Marisea Inhabitants Final Design 1.0





Here are both my Mermarian faiths side by side, to show how they differ. On top of this, I silhouetted them, to see how they compliment one another, both in static pose and underwater. My main concern is - in compliance with my critical framework - that:

- The characters do not look evil/good/threatening/menacing to the audience.
- The characters have the same roots, so they have to be similar, yet different. It's tricky to explain but...
- ...culture is to be separate from faith. So they share the same culture, but will outwardly express their faiths differently.
- Do they express well who they are? (faith, culture, attitude)
- Do they look stereotypical of existing cultures?

I will write up my report (analyzing my critical framework against my designs) after all 3 characters have been finalized. I am just documenting my progress in note form for myself the now.

I plan to get feedback on these characters Friday, but from here I'll be focusing now on the city of Acconagros.

No comments:

Post a Comment