Sunday 10 March 2013

Seaside character sketches

Just to follow up from my mood boards, I've been sketching away what my ocean inhabitants might look like in my sketchbook, so I've taken some photos to upload and explain:






- All characters have goggles and underwater respirators
- Mostly wear thin colourful fabrics, that float like fins underwater. Some wear waterproofs underneath.
- They wear gold chains and jewelry for two reasons; 1) So they shine underwater and can be found if lost 2) To offer the sea the gold for luck, for respect or if their lost.

Now that I have a feel for what the seaside inhabitants will look like, I'm going to go to Photoshop to create silhouettes. I'll then upload some onto Facebook and ask for peoples opinions before I go further.

Digital painting is an iterative task, especially if I want it to be a high quality and part of my final showcase. So no doubt with the feedback from Facebook these characters will develop further.

Next:
- Silhouettes of Seaside inhabitants
- Upload onto Facebook, document feedback in blogpost.
- Begin sketching what the religious residents would look like
- Come up with names for the towns and the religion, to clear confusion...document in a blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment