Wednesday 16 January 2013

Story Study - Premise

Long overdue, but I wanted to wait until I was 100% ready with my very own species' to use. I have finished all my angel and demon work, and will be using them for this study. I want to experiment with showing story and it's impact on viewers. I may show my final pieces to individuals and ask their opinions for how "impactful" they found the piece, and then rate the two different beings (angel/demon) on a scale of "good" "evil" "neutral". I hope to achieve a neutral stance, with no bias to "angels being purely good" or "demons are purely bad" or vice versa.

I want to do two illustrations, both of them vilifying either angels/demons. They're both equals, a balance, so I want to portray them as BOTH good/bad. I'm hoping this exercise/study will show my abilities to express story through illustration and evoke emotion and thought, portray my angels/demons in a grey neutral light, and improve my own technical skill especially with a strict time limit.


Yuumei is one of my favourite inspirational artists. Such powerful story, symbolic, and impactful works!!

Next post I'll hopefully have afew thumbnails or at least afew sketches for my two illustrations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment