Saturday 12 January 2013

My Fantasy World



My world will be Earth. As a character concept artist, I sadly do not specialize in or have the time to create new fantastical landscapes. But what this does allow me to do is look into beautiful different types of environments already available to me. My current options are sand/dry/hot, tropical rain forests, forests, mountains, snow climates, man-made cities/metropolis, etc.

While there is no "time period" in my world, it's still undeveloped and basic. Remember they refuse to sail on sea because they're scared of a Leviathan!

I'm excited to start individually examining these environments, their ecosystem and their inhabitants, and using my case study knowledge building a new race that will interact within themselves, their environments, and the other races I will create.

Although a while away in terms of thoughts a quick note; A city/base/central town where all of these races live and get along is an idea I would love to work on and maybe even focus my final aim/artifacts on. It shows all the races outside of their natural habitats, living peacefully with others of different culture. It's not an original idea though - I think of Dalmascus in FF XII and Republic City in Avatar: Legend of Korra - but I feel those shows don't embrace the idea of inter-species peace/union and they rather focus on social divisons of classes of - for example - abilities (Korra) or species (FF XII).

But that's much much later on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment