Wednesday 3 October 2012

Practise Time

My first personal development post!! I really struggle with painting afew body parts, such as hands, noses, and especially lips. I can never seem to get a good colour combination going, or they always look either flat or painted on top of the face.

I'm also working on a perspective piece at the moment which I hope to turn into a study case. Here's the reference, my perspective drawing and an initial mock-up for my illustration:


Personally, I'm happy with my progress, and with my improvement into perspective. Obviously loads more practice is needed, but as silly as it sounds, I've learnt alot just looking at photos and going "her head is so small!" haha. Colours as well, I'm excited to make the red a prominent piece in this picture. :)

I'll update with the final piece soon...hopefully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment