Friday 7 December 2012

Update: Sketchbook and Methods

I will be journal-ling both in blog and sketchbook. I'll upload images every so often to this blog, but mostly I'll be using the sketchbook to document the iterativeness of concept design. It's just easier to scribble down in 2D in pages and pages over fidgeting with layers in Photoshop! It'll also count to my Concept Development Log, Pre-Production, and will help aid me in showing "This is what I researched, this is what I learned and drew from that" process. I'm sorry for the simplistic terms, I hope this makes sense! I'm usually very confident in sketchbook logging, but I've been lacking this semester. This might be more to do with the research, journal reading, focusing on an aim and proposalling, and I hear Semester 2 will be mostly practice based research, but I feel like I'm already lacking! :O

So I hope that makes sense! If not, tl;dr, see sketchbook for pretty doodles.

As I proposal away, this is for certain; I'll be using a Practise-Based and Media Research method of research. Due to the sensitivity and emphasis on humanities-centric/races, Qualitative research may also be involved with my project briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment