Friday 7 December 2012

Inspiration, motivation, methods and communication *Honours Guidebook*

This post is to clarify my last informal post, and to follow the recommendations made in the 4th Year Honours Guidebook.

Project is self motivated. I have to stay true to things that inspired me to pursue concept art as my major skill, and the motivations it'll take to achieve this by creating fantastical characters living among one another, and show my passion for fantasy character design and explain to viewers my research and understanding of concept art, story, illustration/technical skills for art, and appropriate interaction to make these characters seem more realistic and empathize-able with.

Critical Description: To research and present how fantasy characters of different species or social classes interact and live among each other in media and video games, and to input this research into creating fantastical characters without resorting to a black/white good/bad bias of classes/culture. *This will be clearer and edited as my research progresses in Semester 2!*

Reflection of work: Researching X, experiments will be Y, generating Z

Inspiration: Concept art and development of beloved existing characters. The research process.

Motivation: Beautiful emotive visuals and stories.

Methodologies: Case study and practice-based approach.

How I will communicate, interpret, define and experience the ideas: Through my methodologies, I aim to create pieces of work that will convey what I have researched and wish to express to viewers. I will use imagery, symbolism, story, etc, to define my research through my art. I want to show fantasy characters interacting with one another and the world around them, without resorting to the usual cliche's and stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment