Sunday 17 February 2013

Personal Development: Pose

My last email exchange/update with Robin, I got some feedback with what I should tackle next for my final artifacts. I had begun drawing a basic model on a character sheet to be a base for my final designs:



His feedback was that everything anatomically was alright, but I should be focusing on pose > shape. He recommended me Posemanics.com which is amazing and I wish I had found sooner.

I will be dropping shapes, and focusing on poses for my final character character designs. This means I'll lose overweight and skinny. I won't be doing old or younger either. Sticking to moderate/normal sized 20 - 30 year old characters.

For this evening, I've done some 10 - 15 minute warm ups of poses I've personally liked. I'll be taking my time and designing from different poses and getting a feel for my characters next. My works will be compared to my critical frameworks criteria, and if it does not fit I will explain why, document my findings, and redraw. This will be an iterative but necessary step.



No comments:

Post a Comment